Tuesday 21 August 2012

Kim Kardashian Inspired Smokey Eyes

Bonjour Belle!

Today I thought I'd do a Kim Kardashian inspired smokey eye. It was inspired by this picture of her, it's not perfect and either is my camera (used my phone) so it won't be too good but the pictures will show you step by step what I did!


I tried to achieve this look using many different AFFORDABLE products that you can get mainly in superdrug or boots etc. The only expensive product I used in this tutorial was the Illamasqua liquid metal in Surge and that was for the inner corners of the eyes to create that amazing sheen like colour that is in the photo above. 
So without further ado, lets get started!! :-)



STEP ONE

I first of all used the lightest colour of the Bourjois smokey eyes mordore chic palette all over my lid and up to the brow bone for a base colour like so, just using my fingers, and you can get that for around £8 at boots or superdrug.


STEP TWO

I then used my finger again to then apply the middle shade in the palette all over my lid (sorry that the picture isn't rotated, it kind of refused to)


STEP THREE

After that, I tightlined my eye with the Collection 2000 Kohl Eyeliner in number 1 (£1.99) and drew a thin line across my lashline













Don't worry the line doesn't have to be neat or perfect because in the next step we will be smudging it anyway.


STEP FOUR

Using a clean blending brush, I smudged the eyeliner along my lashline and then into a V shape at the end of my eye and into the crease of the eye, this is the darken the brown used in the next step to create a more eyecatching dramatic effect.


STEP FIVE

I then picked up the darkest shadow from the Bourjois smokey eye palette on the same blending brush and went over the smudged black kohl and more into the crease and brow bone.



STEP SIX

Using the same Kohl pencil, I took it half way under the eye and in the waterline to darken my lashes.


STEP SEVEN

Using a dome brush, I picked up more of the darkest shadow from the Bourjois smokey eye palette and smudged the kohl liner and swept it all the way under the eye to the inner corner.


STEP EIGHT

To fill in and darken my brows a little I used the MUA (make-up academy) eyebrow pencil. 


Bargain at only £1 as their products are so cheap yet greatly pigmented, although the only flaw I have with them is that they break very easily so you have to be quite gentle while using them, but other than that they really are fantastic, especially for the price!

STEP NINE

Using Collection 2000 Faststroke eyeliner (£3), I lined a thin (& wobbly) line along my lashline and this is to add more of a darkened effect to the eye and also because later on we will be applying false lashes.


STEP TEN

After that was done, I used Illamasqua liquid metal in surge (£17.50) with an angled brush and put it into the corner of my eye to add a beautiful metallic effect.


For an alternative cheaper version, there is Colour Tattoo 24hr by Maybelline in Eternal Gold (£5.99) which is just as good and pigmented as Illamasqua's brand.


STEP ELEVEN

To highlight my brow, I just used Barry M Kohl Eye Pencil in white (£2.99)


STEP TWELVE

Now onto the lashes, I just bought a pair from asdas for about £2.99 any cheap pair will do just as long as you have lash glue! Put the lash glue onto the bottom of the false eyelashes, and carefully as you can (because you don't want to smudge the eyeshadow/eyeliner) stick them onto your eye as close to the lash line as possible and hold them there with your fingers (or tweezers if you prefer) for around about 30 seconds so that the glue has dried.


STEP THIRTEEN

To finish off (yayyy woo finally done) add a coat of mascara to both your top and bottom lashes. I used Bourjois Black Volume Glamour Ultra Curl Mascara which is £5.99 from Superdrug.


Et le résultat Final
(finished result)

*drum rolllllll*




I reallly hope you enjoyed this tutorial and learned something from it! And if you didn't well then just remind me never to try and become a teacher, deal? Ok if you actually read all this then thankyouuu very muchh and yeahh, well au reviorrr people! xxxx





1 comment: